Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Looms are Full

Normally I only have one project going at a time.  Right now, I have 5 projects that I am working on.  I have been trying to get cupcake hats, some hats for teens and adults, cowls, a scarf, and a cocoon made.  

I have spent the last few days working and experimenting with my cupcake pattern.  I am trying to figure out other ways to make the brim part of the icing.  So far I have tried 2 different ways to make it and I am happy with both.  I like the way that the icing looks on my original pattern, but felt like there was a way to make it look more uniform.  I will be posting pictures soon with my new and improved icing.  


I am also working on my favorite knit hat.  I am using a wool blend this time and I am very happy with the way it is turning out.  I love the nice fall color that I picked out and I like the way it looks with my pattern.


I plan to make a cowl with the same wool blend I am using on my favorite knit hat.  I have to finish the hat first though, because I would like to use the yarn that is left over.


The scarf that I am working on is a pattern I have been wanting to try ever since I got the pattern from this blog.  It is a ruffle scarf and I am loving the way it is turning out. I will post pictures of my finished scarf once it is complete.  


I went to Jo-Ann fabrics yesterday and picked up some new yarn.  Vanna's Choice yarn was on sale.  I have never used this brand of yarn before, but could not pass up the deal and the great fall colors.  


I have plans to make an acorn hat and some pumpkin hats for the fall.  I will be keeping up with all my new projects here, so my blog will be updated more now that I am back to knitting again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment