Monday, November 14, 2011

I Love...

Obviously I love when I finish a project and I am happy with the way it turns out.  The other thing I love is when I finish a skein of yarn.  There is just something satisfying about finishing the whole skein without any left-overs.  

Over the weekend I worked on finishing up the headband/neck warmer that I was working on with needles.  I used Vanna's Choice yarn in Beige.  I doubled up my yarn, so mine is definitely more like a neck warmer.  I like the way it turned out.  I think I am going to have to block it though and I have never blocked anything before, so this will be a first.  I need to add a button and then take a picture of it.

I also started working on a Red Ridged Lace Hat for my cousin.  The pattern can be found in the book "I Can't Believe I'm Loom Knitting ".  This is one of my favorite patterns, but I always end up with very sore fingers.  I had enough yarn left over and wanted to finish up the skein.  I decided to work on an infinity scarf.  I used the stockinette stitch using the diagonal wrap method.  You can see more info on it here at this site.  I just kept knitting until I used all the yarn. Then finished the ends like I do on the reversible headbands.  I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  I used Simply Soft Caron brand yarn in Autumn Red.  I need to get pictures of this too.  


In other news, the hat that is on my Martha Stewart Loom has turned into a problem.  :(  I was concerned when I started the hat that it would be hard to finish the hat with there being so many pegs.  When I finally got to the end of the hat, I figured I could just decrease by half and then decrease by half again.  Unfortunately, this did not work.  I got the hat off and not only was the hat too small, but the top where I gathered it was a wreck.  I had to figure out a way to get it back on the loom and this also turned into a problem. I was having a hard time finding all the stitches to put back on the pegs and then sometimes would drop the stitch before I could get it back on.  After about 45 minutes, I did manage to get the hat back on the loom, but had to frog a bunch to get it ready to be worked on again.  I am a little discouraged.   Should I just gather the top with 80 stitches?  That seems like it would be way to bulky!  Is there a way to decrease and have a nice finished top like I do when I use the round purple Knifty Knitter ?  Any advice would be appreciated. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment