Sunday, January 23, 2011

Working My Way Through "I Can't Believe I'm Loom Knitting"

In November I bought the book "I Can't Believe I'm Loom Knitting" by Kathy Norris as a birthday gift for myself.  I found it at Hobby Lobby and had a 40% off coupon, so I got the book for around $7.  It was $7 very well spent.  This book is great.  The pictures in the book are helpful, her directions are clear, and the patterns she includes in the book are very creative.  I have been working my way through her book and have been happy with everything I've made so far.  I definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves loom knitting. 

The lattice hat I made last week was a Kathy Norris pattern.  She doesn't include a pattern for a lattice hat in the book though.   I posted in one of the yahoo groups if anyone knew how to turn her flat panel into a hat and guess who responded to my question?  Kathy Norris!!  The author of the book.  It was around Christmas and she even sent me a response to my personal e-mail!  I couldn't believe that she took her time to get back to me and then she even posted the pattern for the hat in the group.  If you are a member of the decoraccentsinc loom knitting group on yahoo you can find the pattern in the files section.  


Last night I made the ridged lace hat from the book.  My fingers are so sore from this pattern!  I will post later today with a picture and some of my notes about making this hat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment