Friday, February 11, 2011

I love making something and being happy with the finished creation.  I was very happy when I finished a hat I made today.  I loved the color, the design, and really everything about the hat.

I used a pattern I found on and tweaked the pattern somewhat to make it work on the loom.  I didn't have to do much, but still made some small changes.  The pattern can be found here.

I used the green loom and this made a very tight brim.  I love the way the brim looks, but will need to use the yellow loom next time or just use a brim that doesn't get turned up.  I only needed to make the pattern 3 times to finish the hat and did not do any kind of decrease when I finished it.  I just sewed up the top, so there was not an open hole.    

I am pretty sure my husband is going to want a hat with this pattern, so I will be making it again soon.  I plan to make some more changes now that I know how this pattern looks on the loom.  When I finish it I will make sure and post the pictures and tell you the other changes I make.  

No comments:

Post a Comment