Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Penguin Hat

I have been having all these ideas of things that I want to make, but do not have enough time or looms to make everything that I am thinking of.  I have decided that once I sell 3 hats on etsy  I am going to buy myself a fancy loom.  I haven't decided yet which brand to go with.  If anyone that reads my blog and has any suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment with the loom that they like.

A week or so ago I signed up for a craft show.  I have a great collection of hats already made, but I wanted to have some new things made.  I came up with a penguin hat.  I looked on-line to see if there was already a pattern that I could follow.  Nothing was out there for knitting on looms, but there were a couple of ones for needle knitting.  I was unable to use the pattern though, so I came up with my own design.  I had to make it in a few parts.  I needed a white belly and an orange nose. I added white buttons for the eyes.  



I think he is cute.  I am pretty happy with the way he turned out.  I made the white belly part first to make sure that I would be able to get the shape that I was wanting.  I made the first one too big, so I think I will make an adult version of the penguin hat.  

I had the looms out again today and worked on another hat.  I made a hat using lace stitches and it came out really nice.  It is very different from anything else that I've made.  I am hoping that I get a chance tomorrow to post a blog with pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have the pattern of the penguin hat. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete