Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Knitting

We had 2 weeks here of this amazing Spring weather and I thought I was going to put away my looms.  I decided that I want to keep knitting this year through the Spring and Summer.    I want to get hats ready to add to my etsy shop in the fall and maybe enough to set up at a craft fair. 

With weather that was too gorgeous not to be outside and two kiddos that want to enjoy playing in the yard, I had to figure out the best way to knit on my porch.  I have animals that love yarn (new puppy and cats) and the porch is not exactly super clean.  I ended up finding a gift bag that was deep enough and sturdy enough to stand up without falling over.  I put the yarn in the bags and this worked out perfect.  It was a great solution and makes knitting on the porch possible for me.  :)

Last night after the kids went to bed,  I started knitting my favorite knit hat again.  I am using Caron brand Simply Soft this time and making a small change on the yarn over.  On the first hat I used the e-wrap on the yarn over and this time I am laying the yarn over the front of the peg.  I am liking the way it is turning out so far.  I am using the same light green yarn I used on the Spring HatI am hoping to have it finished by this evening.  I will post pictures and then you can see the hat with different yarn and a small change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment