Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why did I wait so long to get a Cable Needle???

I just got back from visiting family.  While I was out of town, I was able to go to 3 craft stores!  I have been looking for the purple adult loom and have had no luck.  I was finally able to get one at Jo-ann's the other day.  At Michael's I was able to get cable needles and stitch markers.  Not really sure what I will do with the stitch markers, but I have been wanting cable needles for months now.  I also got new yarn in lots of colors.  Oh, and I picked up a pom-pom maker.

When I got home last night, I was very eager to try out my new loom.  I also started a new pattern.  I found it at Hobby Lobby (I think) over by the yarn where they have free patterns.  It is called the All Day Beret.  It has a stitch that I have never tried on a loom called ssk.  I had to look it up and figure out what that meant and how to do it on the loom.  Pretty easy to do once I read the instructions.   

I got started right away.  Worked the brim no problem, then started the left diagonal stitch pattern.  It was really difficult just using the pick and my fingers.  I only completed two rounds of the pattern and was a little discouraged.  J was having a hard time not losing the yarn when having to stretch it over the the other peg.  When I woke up this morning I remembered the cable needles I bought and figured they would work great for this.  Sure enough, a cable needle has made this project so much easier.  

Hopefully I will get to finish the hat today.  It is not something that works up that quick, but if I don't get distracted or have other things that need to be done, it could be done by this evening.    I will post pictures and if I can find a link to the pattern on-line I will post them later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment