Friday, March 25, 2011

2 Hats for Spring

On my last post I said that I was going to work on the Spiral Lace Hat with some changes and use cotton yarn.  What I tried did not work at all and I ended up breaking both strands of yarn that I was using.  I am still thinking of what I can do with the pattern to make it better.

While thinking about that pattern I found a free pattern for a hat that looked great for Spring.  You can find the pattern here.  I used the repeat pattern that is in the hat, but did not follow the other instructions.  I also made the hat two times with a small change on the k2tog.

 I used cotton yarn and used the purple round loom.  For the brim I did the garter stitch for 6 rows.  I did the normal yarn over (put the working yarn in front of the peg) and k2togI did the 5 steps for the pattern 8 times.  For the crown I took the yarn on the first peg and moved it to the second peg and knit the bottom loop over the top loop. 


When I made the hat the second time I used Caron brand Simply Soft.  For the brim I did the garter stitch for 8 rows.  I then worked the same pattern, but instead of k2tog, I moved the yarn from the peg that was going to be empty for the yarn over and put it on the next peg and just lifted the bottom loops over the top loops.  On the empty peg I put the working yarn in front of the peg and then put it behind the next peg.  For the crown I finished it the same way I did the first one.  I like the way this hat turned out.  



I am not sure what I am going to knit next.  I was thinking of making a rainbow hat or searching Ravelry for another pattern to use on my loom.  As always, I'll post pictures here when I am done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment